Senior Software Engineer/Java
This is an opportunity to join an exciting artificial intelligence startup as an early employee and help define the company, the product and the software engineering practices. Please see Our Company Principles to understand the core things we value.
We are building an extremely exciting AI platform using novel and potentially revolutionary techniques that differ from the mainstream statistical machine-learning that is now prevalent. The platform is early and written in Java. Our team is currently small and we are looking for an extremely smart and dedicated Java developer to help solve some very difficult engineering problems and drive it forward.
As an early employee you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the fortunes of the business and help define our engineering practices. Compensation will be through salary and share options. The company has an active tax-efficient EMI share option scheme set up.
- Before COVID-19 we had an office near Liverpool Street station in central London. For the last six months we have all been working effectively from home with a morning video stand-up via Slack and other video meetings. What we do long-term is still undecided but an ability to reach central London for at least occasional face-to-face meetings is highly desirable.
- A good Computer science or engineering degree
- At least six years experience of commercial software engineering including at least four years experience with Java
- Experience of AWS and building scalable systems within it
- Understanding of modern best practices for agile software development
- An understanding of the architectural techniques needed to build massively-scalable platforms.
- Ability to develop in C++
- Ability to develop in Python
- Understanding of the state-of-the-art in Artificial Intelligence.
- Understanding of modern machine-learning techniques.
To apply please send your resume and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org